The Archives of St. Peter's Church include many orginal
records, photographs, clippings, publications and other material that
document the history of the church, its parishioners, and the City of
The Edgar G. Luby Memorial Archives were made possible by
the generous financial commitment of Edgar and Cora Luby, longtime
members of the Parish. In 2005, the Archives were relocated to newly
renovated rooms on the third floor of the Guild Hall.
Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials
Baptisms - 1756 to Present (with some gaps)
Marriages - 1756 to Present (with some gaps)
Burials - 1768 to 1774
1787 to 1790
1856 to the Present
Vestry Minutes - 1888 through 1988
Drawings, blueprints and photographs of the three Church
Buildings interior and exterior.
1st Church - 1715
2nd Church - 1802
Present Church - 1859
Records of Memorials given to the Church.
Stained Glass Windows
A large collection of photographs
1900 through the Present including
Records, photographs clippings relating to the Choir,
Sunday School 1880 to the Present
Clippings and files related to members of the Parish
circa 1940 to the Present
A large collection of printed information
Weekly Leaflets - 1912 to the Present
A large collection of Bibles and Prayer Books circa 1850
to the Present.
Access to these records is provided by writing to the
St. Peter's Church
107 State Street
Albany, NY 12207
The volunteer staff of the Archives will endeavor to respond to
requests in as timely a manner as possible.